Purpose of Role:
Reporting to the AML/KYC Operations Manager, the AML/KYC QC Manager is responsible for the day to day line management of the AML/KYC QC Team, including performance coaching, mentoring and development
AML/KYC Quality Control Manager is responsible for overseeing high quality standards are maintained for the AML/KYC records created and reviews performed by AML/KYC Analysts. The Quality Control Team aims to decrease regulatory and reputational risk by ensuring accuracy and completeness through a review and sign off process with a focus on all risk rated entities for on boarding new customers and accounts, completion of periodic reviews, event driven reviews, EDD monitoring and PEP analysis as required, in accordance with applicable AML policies and procedures.
- Focus on improving operational efficiency to continuously improve quality, manage continuous improvement forums enabling teams and peer groups to identify and recommend opportunities
- Ensure the team meet all deadlines and look to achieve 100% quality in cases completed
- Interpret AML policy and technology updates to assess operational impact and implement business process changes as required
- Ensure relevant standard operating procedures, training materials and desk notes are in place and updated in accordance with policy, technology and operating model changes
- Manage the annual recertification of job aids ensuring they are updated on a regular basis to keep in line with current policies and procedures within the team
- Manage and provide oversight and SME advice to the EMEA BU AML Centre to complete Know Your Customer due diligence in line with applicable AML Policies & Procedures and consider the risks to State Street when on boarding or completing periodic reviews / EDR's
- Manage key conversations with all EMEA BU AML Centre stakeholders with regards to the execution and accurate tracking of key deliverables from the EMEA BU AML Centre to achieve a collaborative agreement and timely resolution of any issues or escalations.
- Encourage and discuss with the team to follow the speak up, listen up values - including timely escalation of AML concerns, suspicious activity or any corporate policy breaches
- Serve as a second escalation point for operational issues
- Work collaboratively with your peers to contribute to the success of the EMEA BU AML Centre and AML Program . Ensure the team continue to be suitably trained and equipped to perform their roles.
- Monitor and enhance quality within the team. Drivers should include (but not be limited to) recent QC findings, CoE refer backs, self-test results, audit or M&S findings. Look to obtain feedback following these sessions to assess effectiveness.
- Review and action internal & external quality reports – FLOD; Self Testing and Quality Assurance, SLOD; CRMT Testing and M&S, TLOD; Audits and ACA Testing.
- Assist with external regulatory examinations or testing
- Oversee training and education to the operations teams in EMEA on AML/KYC on boarding and ongoing monitoring policies, technologies and processes
- Demonstrate the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in your behaviour
- Ensure that your team has clear understanding of their reporting lines, authority levels, scope of responsibilities (including those delegated to them and those they delegate), objectives, training and competency requirements plus progress is reviewed regularly in line with Company policy, and are regulatory registered where appropriate for their role
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Establish and monitor systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Establish and nurture a culture of ‘Risk Excellence’ within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Ensure that you make reasonable decisions by exercising reasonable care when considering information available to you. This includes taking proactive action to ensure that the information you have is suitable and adequate.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members’ behaviour in performing their roles.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behavior.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory KYC/AML requirements
- Experience in KYC/AML client on boarding, compliance or risk function (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Professional agility: ability to prioritise workloads and work to strict deadlines; quickly adapt and respond to change
- Excellent communication skills required - both verbal and written
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts in a concise manner
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway