State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Billing Accountant Associate 2
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-635496
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Who we are looking for:
At least two years of professional experience in financial accountancy, and/or billing and/or other relevant according to company’s management assessment. With Finance or Accounting education
Why is this role important:
Billing Accountant will perform tasks assigned by direct Billing Team Leader or other member of Billing management team. BA is responsible for performing review of tasks completed by less experienced members of the team. It is also required that experienced BA will support Billing Team Leader as per current needs.
All specific duties are delivered by direct supervisor and are supported by appropriate job aids and procedures.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Support the internal and external billing of services to the business
- Manage internal departments and external clients queries relating to billing and reports and invoices
- Production of all invoices and credit notes raised from data provided by internal customers
- Review of calculated invoices against contracts agreed with clients
- Ensure billing related internal controls are followed
- Provide information to internal departments and external clients as needed to facilitate payment for invoices
- Reconcile billed accounts against P&L accounts
- Support management in billing related projects
- Perform second eye review after less experienced team members
- Support and provide training to less experienced team members
- Support Team Supervisor in organizing team workload assignment
- Act with minimal supervision from superiors
- Prepare/update job aids and procedures as necessary
- Other not specified duties might be assigned by direct manager accordingly to business needs and employee skills
What we value:
- Advanced English both in speaking and writing
- Very good numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent time management
- Attention to details and problem solving approach
- Demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to find solutions and solve issues within area of expertise
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with business and systems personnel
- Pro-active approach, with initiative, detailed oriented and reliability
- Premium life insurance package;
- Employee savings plan;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.