State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Senior Personnel Administration Specialist, Senior Associate
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-635661
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a professional with advanced Excel skills, knowledge of Polish labor law and previous experience in HR administration and payroll function who will join our Payroll Operations team in Gdansk.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Personnel Administration Specialist you will:
- Ensure maintenance of technical knowledge and have an active role when looking at legislative changes and trends to assess and impact future strategy.
- Operationalize end-to-end local regulatory requirements and internal policies and programs as well as those of other corporate groups into the daily operations of HR; global regional and local outsourced administrative vendors.
- Create reviews and updates policies and procedures within HR Shared Services as needed that includes design preparation and implementation of new HR processes.
- Continuously improve processes. Be independent in creation modification and implementation of new processes/policies.
- Coordinate and ensure effective and timely flow of critical information to all relevant parties/vendors/third parties and follows up on administrative details.
- Engage with key stakeholders, subject matter experts and operational area leaders to quantify, track and measure potential business benefits and/ or risk for any defined HR processes
- Prepare and distribute standard and ad hoc HR reports within specified guidelines.
- Manage employee queries related to a wide range of HR administration processes.
- Build and maintain close relationship vendors.
- Support junior colleagues by providing guidance and sharing updates in labor law.
- Ensure a focus on maintaining data privacy in line with global and local requirements across HR.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management and handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Flexible “can do” attitude.
- Team player with a strong customer focus.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s diploma – HR related education will be an asset
- 3 or more years’ experience in Polish HR administration and payroll position with a strong understanding of best practice around controls regulations, tax compliance and working with outsourced providers.
- Very good knowledge of Polish labor code.
- Very good Excel skills (practical usage of various functions i.e. pivot tables v-look up others).
- Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems including working time reconciliation will be an asset.
- Native level of Polish language and fluent English.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.