State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Senior Audit Manager - Corporate Audit, VP
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-634974
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Who we are looking for
We are currently looking for a Senior Audit Manager to join our team in Krakow. The focus of this senior level job is to effectively lead, manage and develop a team of up 20 auditors, with potential for increase going forward, and continuously managing the relationship with various stakeholders (local business management and Corporate Audit management).
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As the Senior Audit Manager you will
- Represent the Corporate Audit function within State Street Bank International (SSBI) GmbH Poland Branch, reporting to the SSBI GmbH Head of Corporate Audit. In this role the Senior Audit Manager needs to develop and build up a strong relationship with internal clients and effectively manage and develop an audit team.
- Proactively collaborate with SSB Intl GmbH Poland Branch senior management by providing independent advise to improve the control environment in fast-changing operational environment.
- Oversee multiple audits pertaining to State Street Bank Intl GmbH’s activities and State Street's Business Operation Units which would mostly include custody, fund administration, depositary bank/trustee audits in Europe.
- As part of audit production, be responsible for ensuring the audit team is supporting and constructively challenging internal clients to manage the organization’s risks and controls, as well as compliance with applicable regulations, corporate policies and procedures within State Street Bank Intl GmbH and the State Street Group.
- Prepare and/or review audit reports to present clear, accurate, objective, concise, and timely communication of risks and issues to senior management.
- Manage and oversee multiple teams of audit professionals to ensure work is performed in accordance with COSO Integrated Framework and the Corporate Audit Division and IIA standards and meet Division deadlines. This includes providing ongoing counsel, training, development and motivation to the audit team.
- Assess the audit skills needed to evaluate risk and perform the audits; review the audit plan and assess resource needs; develop key relationships with the Business; execute the audit plan.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent analytical, problem resolving, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Strong client relationship and employee management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field and/or Master’s degree a plus. CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred.
- 10+ years of Audit experience and/or related experience including 7+ years of experience managing complex audit operations or related projects or related fields preferably in a financial services organization.
- Thorough knowledge of COSO
- Verbal and written proficiency in English.
- Travel up to 10% may be required.
- Knowledge of additional European language will be considered a plus
- Premium life insurance package
- Employee savings plan
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.