State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Starczy Specjalista ds. Funduszy
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-634517
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Who we are looking for:
A Derivative Operations Specialist, Associate 2 is responsible for accurately handling OTC derivatives, including (but not limited to) CFD, Credit Default Swap, Interest Rate Swap, Basket Swap, Total Return Swap, and Options and cash transactions to our Custody and Accounting systems.
Why this role is important to us:
Derivatives Specialist resolves data quality issues through interaction with client service teams and brokers. The individual acts as a first level resource within assigned business unit to process transactions in accordance to established procedures. This individual performs various daily tasks within the business unit as necessary to support processing routines. Assists with other related duties as required. Reviews work for accuracy and serves as a resource
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Reconcile daily margin calculation to the total position by contract type and unrealized gain/loss to the broker statement or faxed/transmitted instructions for specified funds.
- Work with WIMCS and fund groups to resolve all matters concerning derivative related money movements and accounting questions.
- Elevate areas of potential loss/exposure immediately and include supporting documentation.
- Reviews and authorizes cash activity and reconciliations.
- Process/price all derivative trades accurately and timely. This includes, but is not limited to, CFD, Credit Default Swap, Interest Rate Swap, Basket Swap, Total Return Swap, and Options with the ability to support Associate 1 individuals in their learning efforts in this area.
- Solid understanding of OTC products and their lifecycle.
- Initiate any related incoming or outgoing payments.
- Adhere to established operating, risk, and compliance controls and standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of downstream effects and economic impact of the different types of derivatives.
- Ability to apply industry knowledge to help other staff members.
What we value:
- Fluent English – strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced PC skills including MS Office applications (MS Excel mostly)
- Minimum 1 year of related work experience in custody, fund accounting, derivatives and/or transaction processing.
- Knowledge of financial securities markets, language and products as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize assignments under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in both verbal and written forms.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with business related coursework
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications, and spreadsheet proficiency. VBA skills preferred but not mandatory
- Premium life insurance package;
- Employee savings plan;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.