State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Ongoing Due Diligence, Associate 1
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-635970
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Who we are looking for
The Ongoing Due Diligence (ODD) team ensures compliance with current regulatory requirements by conducting periodic AML/KYC reviews of the register.
An ODD Associate 1 performs AML/KYC assessments on existing investors in line with Luxembourg AML/KYC regulatory requirements. The role will include direct contact with investors.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Perform ongoing AML/KYC reviews of the register in line with Luxembourg regulatory requirements
- Oversight of the static data maintenance performed on the register
- Ensure all accounts adhere to internal AML/KYC policy and procedures
- Assist in fund conversions - ensure the documentation provided by the previous administrator is in line with our AML policy and procedures, prepare AML/KYC files for conversions to a new administrator.
- Ensure strict adherence to internal rules, policies and procedures
- Conduct quality assurance and due diligence on existing clients, taking action where necessary
- Report any suspicious behaviour in relation to AML guidelines
- The role will report into a Team Leader and Manager.
- The role will have no management responsibilities.
- The role will deliver against goals/targets that the team manager has set for the individual.
- The role will have a basic understanding that these in turn, deliver to the team goals.
- The role holder will understand that any financial spend will need to be authorised by the Manager.
- The role will be required to establish effective collaborative relations with peers and Manager.
- The role will operate under close supervision within a structured environment undertaking the relevant training provided.
Where relevant, committed to completing the learning required by their apprenticeship contract.
What we value
- Manages risk within their individual role by following set procedures and understands that the impact of such risk may include financial and reputational damage to team.
- Demonstrates integrity in making decisions within the framework of their role.
- Leadership/Organisational Responsibility
- Demonstrates commitment to IFDS Group Values.
- Demonstrates commitment to the ACE scheme where relevant.
- Encourages immediate colleagues to achieve a high level of performance to meet their objectives/targets.
- Understands that their work may impact on the work of other team members and ensures tasks are completed to the relevant standard and in a timely manner.
- Basic communication skills will be required.
- Has a good understanding of the tasks performed within own role. Tasks are generally basic and routine.
- Delivers against goals and targets set by team manager, acting within well-defined basic procedures.
- Able to implement changes to the way tasks are completed, as guided by team Leader/Manager and defined within procedures and processes. Training may be required to support implementation of changes.
- Able to support innovation by following team managers direction when there are changes/improvements to procedures and processes.
- Able to provide feedback on how these changes work in practice.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in a similar position is preferred
- A thorough and methodical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrable experience of working accurately and with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of the fund administration process
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook…)
- Strong client focus
- Fluent in English with strong language skills as clear preference
- Additional languages (e.g. German, French, Luxembourgish, Italian and/or Spanish) are considered assets
- Premium life insurance package
- Employee savings plan
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.