IT Software Director
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have an experience in creating new technical standards and then lead the adoption of these within the teams? We are looking for IT team leader to:
• build up an understanding of our business, and in particular the data flows and interdependencies that our systems have so that you can contribute in discussions about these
• directly influence team behavior and assist in our efforts to modernize our approach to software development
• help to embrace microservices and cloud that requires a fundamental change to our build chain: how we test and release software
• combine line manager responsibility with the daily workload managed by our development leads in London and New York
You’ll be working in a fast growing team in Krakow, where almost all of our development happens. We are responsible for project work and maintenance of a number of different applications for our ‘Credit Risk’ business. We work within the ‘Global Financing Solutions’ business area, which is part of the Investment Bank. Our risk systems are responsible for managing over $1 trillion of exposure.
There are three streams in our team: one looking at the project initiatives against the real-time applications; these systems need to react to live trade feeds. Another stream looks at projects relating to the overnight risk calculations which stress the open positions against extreme market conditions and determines the worse-case scenarios. Finally, the third stream looks at the maintenance of the existing suite of applications, responding to projects such as server migrations and decommissioning tasks.
• strong technical background
• strong analytical approach and be able to understand data flows including ETL concepts, messaging technology or data modelling
• understanding of Agile and willing to embrace CI/CD and DevOps principles
• experience of working in cross regional teams that work collaboratively to deliver software of high quality and on time
• proven experience in leading a team
• experience of undertaking transformation actions within large organizations.
• skills to persuade others to shift behaviors, processes and tools
• experience of working in large organization (financial services industry is nice to have)
• experience with micro services architecture and running containers is nice to have
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
IT Software Director | UBS - Experienced professionals - job boards
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."