Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
Join us as a Senior Tax Operations Manager
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a Senior Tax Operations Manager to join our Global Tax Services Poland Team. In this role you will be responsible for all administrative, operational, and financial aspects of GTS’ Poland-based operations, compliance, and client servicing functions. You will be accountable for oversight and responsible for the definition, delivery, and timely execution of all deliverables as well as ensuring clients receive consistently high levels of service. You will be also ensuring transparency, delivering status updates and reporting to augment department level management reporting. The role will include managing, mitigating, and escalating risk related to areas of direct and indirect responsibility, as well as continually improving effectiveness and efficiency. As a Senior Tax Operations Manager, your focus will be to serve as tax lead and as an agent of change working with businesses across the organization, clients, and third parties to communicate and implement both new and changes to existing tax products and services as well as you will lead and coordinate cross-departmental and cross-organizational efforts in support of product, service, and compliance initiatives.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
Direct management of managers and staff, including hiring, training, and career development
- Responsible for cost and resource management.
- Develops unit goals, strategies and methodologies.
- Collaborates to establish departmental objectives and monitors progress to support achievement of goals.
- Retains responsibility for development of and adherence to budgets, schedules, and performance standards for areas of responsibilities.
Manages and coordinates teams for tax operational processing
- Oversees the timely delivery of tax deliverables, including the communication of matters relevant to other departments within BBH.
- Ensures deliverables of all teams are met in a timely and high-quality manner.
Ensures risk mitigation, issue escalation and issue resolution
- Coordinates across departments of all related and dependent aspects are managed appropriately
Manages (for all GTS Krakow-based operating units) both the understanding of the technical basis on which they operate and administrative management of risk and role
- Cultivates and develops excellent client service relationships through informative and proactive communication on tax related issues
- Proactively develop and maintain solid relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Ensures expected service levels are achieved or succeeded.
Participating as an integral part of the Tax Operations Team
- Responsible for the collaboration and deliberating on department goals and strategies.
- Responsible for adapting our operations models to the appropriate service level set.
- BA or equivalent.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong experience in project management, operations management or tax.
- Working knowledge of Global Tax Regulations, FATCA and CRS regimes as applicable would be a strong asset.
- Ability to multitask and manage aspects in a changing requirement.
- Motivated and focused on continuous improvement based on the technical and complex.
- Highly developed organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work in a global team environment and under deadlines and time pressures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly client focused.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others