Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. You are driven to get things done and view obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as an Operations Supervisor in our Middle Office Team!
The Middle Office (MO) acts as an important conduit between the front office trading and oversight functions, and back office servicing centers. The MO is responsible for trade execution, matching and trade dissemination to brokers, custodians and fund accounting agents for BBH’s institutional clients. The department is also responsible for relationship management, oversight of claims, income collection, corporate actions, collateral management, and failed trade monitoring. MO handles post execution, pre-settlement functions, and creates consolidate views and support across all custodians and/or service providers.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting for an Operations Supervisor to join our MO team. In this role, you will have responsibility for the effective direction and supervision of the MO team. Reporting to the Team Leader, you will direct your staff with day to day processing activities while providing the team with constructive feedback and ensuring standards of quality and controls are met. You will be also responsible for developing and maintaining working relationships with the Global MO team.
To be successful you’ll need to:
- Monitor daily workflows ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Oversee transaction settlements, as defined by the applicable custodian agreements and/or service level agreements, should be timely, complete and properly formatted
- Ensure adherence to all established policies, procedures, and controls
- Act as a Risk Manager to mitigate errors and omissions
- Review break reporting for Collateral (cash / security) and Portfolio reconciliations. Analyze to reduce incoming breaks
- Ensure that all margin calculations are correctly performed by reviewing and signing accordingly
- Review and sign off on wire instructions for Futures, Options, and Collateral
- Understand competencies required for successful job performance and use knowledge to coach and develop team members as well as to identify training needs
- Energize and inspires team while establishing and maintaining a high level of engagement
- Consistently provide employees with open, honest and timely feedback
- Participate and follows updates within the exchange traded and OTC derivatives market to ensure proper capture of changes within the team’s processes
- Resolve client queries.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of industry experience, Fund Accounting or Capital Markets background a plus
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate professionally
- An aptitude for analytical and problem resolution
- Self-Starter, proactive, and objective oriented
- Ability to work under pressure in a high paced environment
- Results oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet client reporting and cash vehicle deadlines
- Strong decision-making skills
- MS Office proficiency required-included MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others