Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
The Senior Expense Administrator is a seasoned member of the team and has proven to be well versed and consistent contributor in all facets of the Expense Administration function. The Senior oversees and administers to fund expense accounts while also providing review oversight and guidance to the Expense Administration Representatives including the BPO provider.
In addition, the Senior may also be required to prepare proposals, responses, and/or comment on a variety of ad hoc reporting inquiries / instructions from business partners and clients in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reviews, calculates and maintains fee calculations and statistical information assigned to expense accounts (frequency may be daily, monthly, quarterly, annually or ad hoc depending on expense type or client request).
- Reviews, tracks and forwards on for processing all invoices assigned and/or those specifically related to assigned expense accounts.
- Assists with any fund events impacting the expense structure for assigned accounts as events go into effect such as product launches, mergers, liquidations or other client directed changes.
- Prepares, maintains and evolves periodic reporting (control reports, board reports, etc.) as required internally or externally by the client(s).
- Effectively communicates findings to clients and to colleagues either verbally or written as required.
- Assists with process maintenance and updates as needed.
- BA/MS degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in financial product accounting, fund accounting or basic accounting and analysis preferred.
- Very good English skills (B2+ level is a must).
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship skills to present themselves as a mentor and resource to internal colleagues and client contacts.
- Proactively anticipate client needs and respond effectively to client inquiries.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others