Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Start your career with BBH and learn firsthand about our services, culture, financial services industry and contribute to the development projects in Financial Services Sector. We put a lot of care into our internship programs as they help us identify our future hires and leaders. During the internship you will work closely with product owners, software development teams and quality assurance groups to conduct requirements discovery, requirements gathering and application release processes.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Support business requirements discovery and create requirements documents through close cooperation with the product owners and software development teams
- Create wireframes/mockups/visuals for selected components of the application
- Create flow diagrams for the functional areas
- Participate in regular team meetings to discuss project scope, estimate effort and identify solutions
- Partner with the Quality Management teams to assure compliance with the requirements and support application releasing processes
- Works closely with Business groups and analyze clients’ requirements and write systems design documents
- 3rd, 4th or 5th year students of Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics or related field and/or with equivalent work experience
- High degree of personal organization and structured approach to problems
- A high level of written and spoken English as you will be communicating with colleagues from our global offices on a daily basis
- Problem-solving abilities
- Genuinely interested in helping others and in sharing information
- Desire to continue to learn new skills and develop professionally
Internship duration: 4 months
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to gain IT, finance knowledge, and much more
- Training opportunities and dynamic career development
- Daily interaction with team members across the globe
- Software development of systems which process multi-million dollar operations
- Cutting edge technologies