State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
AML/KYC Team Manager, Officer
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-639096
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose of the role:
AML/KYC Team Manager is responsible for the day to day management and leadership of the AML/KYC Team. In addition, AML/KYC Team Manager is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate delivery of the end to end AML/KYC process, with a focus on all risk rated entities for onboarding new customers and accounts, completion of periodic reviews, event driven reviews of existing customers/account, reporting of Team’s performance.
- Ensuring State Street AML Compliance Policies with respect to AML/KYC procedures are followed.
- Responsible for a team of associates in ensuring timely and accurate delivery of service to State Street EMEA sites.
- Monitoring and managing the workload, setting up priorities to ensure deliverables are met daily by AML/KYC Analysts.
- Supervising and reviewing status reports for senior management.
- Notifying stakeholders of operational issues.
- Engage, lead and drive conversations with key stakeholders with regards to the execution and accurate tracking of key deliverables from the EMEA BU AML Centre.
- Encourage the team to follow the speak up, listen up values - including timely escalation of AML concerns, suspicious activity or any corporate policy breaches.
- Assist in departmental projects as required.
- Serve as an escalation point for operational issues.
- Develop effective working relationships and communication with direct reports and ensure that team members are motivated and supported.
- Hold 1 to 1 meetings to ensure that feedback regarding individual performance is provided to every direct report.
- Demonstrate the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in your behaviour and nurture the same within the team and encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members’ behaviour in performing their roles.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behavior.
- Hiring and training staff for the department.
Required skills and expectations:
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory KYC/AML requirements required
- Experience in
- At least 6 years of experience in KYC/AML client on boarding, compliance, financial crime or risk function (preferred)
- Team leadership experience: 2-3 years as a minimum (performance and workload management, staff recruitment, leading team meeting and 1-to-1s, setting KPIs
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff
- Excellent English communication skills required - both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Professional agility: ability to prioritise workloads and work to strict deadlines; quickly adapt and respond to change
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.