State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Junior GEBS Portfolio Management Investment Assistant with State Street Global Advisors
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-637386
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Who we are:
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.78 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, investors worldwide have benefited from our disciplined, precise investment process and powerful global platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style across the indexing and active spectrums. SSGA is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutions.
What we will ask you to do:
- Manage of index pipeline
- Create of single stock group draft trades
- Analysis of upcoming corporate actions including scrip dividends
- Update client specific guidelines in portfolio management tools and management of client restricted lists in RJL
- Support ETF basket process
- Build trade lists (stock, FX, futures) to be reviewed/submitted by GEBS Investment Managers
- Monitor portfolios against index and liaise with IM as the need arises
- Develop Smart Beta analytics and reporting to demonstrate ‘benefit’ in index portfolios
- Custom client reporting, performance and attribution analysis and risk analytics as the need arises
- Working with investment managers to improve efficiency of processes and workflow
- Assist in building required reports and presentations for internal governance committees
What we would like you to be:
The successful candidate should possess good mathematical, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team, providing support, prioritize workload
- Initiative, demonstrate flexibility and think creatively to solve problems
- Absolute attention to detail and high degree of accuracy when working under pressure
- Commitment to further study and qualifications (preferably CFA or studying for CFA designation)
- KNF (Polish Financial and Supervisory Authority) certificate of Investment Advisor would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, VBA and PowerPoint
- Programming skills
- Awareness or risks associated with investing
- Maintaining knowledge of market and economic issues
Computer literacy is essential although some IT skills can be acquired during training. Excel is essential as roles often involve financial modelling and projection work.
Who you are:
- Passionate about project and process management
- Seek chance to define quality improvements to processes
- Want to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- Forward-thinking, curious and naturally dissatisfied with an outdated status quo
- Be able to utilize technology and systems
- Strong understanding of portfolio construction and investments
- Asset management industry experience a plus
- Capability to gain trust and respect of business partners while bringing objective and independent challenge to their activities
- Ability to work under pressure and self-motivation to master concepts quickly and connect dots
- Phenomenal teammate and collaborative attitude required
Education & Qualifications:
An undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines is preferable:
Experience requirement: 3+ years working in a financial institution or a finance-specific industry
Equal opportunities Statement
Across the world, institutional investors rely on us to help them handle risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and engaged employees are critical to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It’s also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.