Project Purple II (3rd party employment)
We are offering you an internship in Data Science or Process, Data and Systems teams.
Finance & Data Operations, Data Science Team (DS) is responsible for delivering value to business units within Shell. This position is part of data scientists delivering advanced analytics projects for different businesses within Shell. This role is ideal for students with a strong quantitative background who wish to specialise in business applications of Artificial Intelligence in general and Data Science in particular.
Employee responsibilities in Data Science team:
- Supporting the development of analytical models for projects collaborating with different business stakeholders & other partners and working across a range of technologies and tools,
- Supporting the Data Analytics team in analytics projects,
- Working with data and technology experts to help in analytics projects and deliver solutions.
Global Process, Data and Systems (PDS) team supports the Planning, Appraisal and Reporting community. The role sits between senior executives, Finance, IT and Technical experts creating a unique opportunity to develop in a company which operates in a highly dynamic sector and employs complex IT solutions. Our team members are recognized for unique set of skills they bring to the table and – as a result –multiple opportunities for further development are available. This role is ideal for Finance/Economics students with an aptitude for programming or IT/Engineering students who wish to learn more about Finance.
Employee responsibilities in PDS team:
- Preparing ad-hoc analysis for planning teams and helping develop automation solutions,
- Supporting Analysts in creating visualisations,
- Contributing to delivery through masterdata management, end-user support and troubleshooting.
If you are thinking about combining IT and Business skills - keep reading!
We are offering you:
- Fully paid, 3-months internship with a certificate of completion,
- 5 days of holidays,
- Access to online courses (inc. Excel, Project Management etc.),
- Buddy – a person who will be supporting you during the Internship Programme,
- Fun & integration time,
- Canteen for Shell employees with 50% discount for meals and coffee corner.
We are looking for ambitious students or freshly graduates who are:
- Fluent in Excel
Fluent in English
Communicative and real problem-solvers
Interested in IT
Flexible in terms of working hours (e.g. one day our work may start at 8am., the other at 11am – but isn’t that great?)
The ideal candidate has good background in quantitative skills (like statistics, mathematics, advanced computing) and has applied those skills in solving real world problems
Knowledge of one programming language (VBA, R, Python) will be an asset!
Join Shell Krakow!
Number of Vacancies: 8
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects