Data is the new oil? Would you like to combine both by managing data in the world leading energy company? If your answer is YES than you found a perfect position for you!
You will be an integral part of the Retail Data & Analytics team in Retail responsible for defining the Data Quality Vision and create a compelling operational strategy to bring it to life. You will own all aspects of data governance and act as a single point of contact for Data Quality for any stakeholders (Local or Global).
The team is responsible for providing the Retail business, both globally and locally, with the right data and insight, identifying and extracting value and ensure effective data management and working with Retail and Downstream IT and the Retail Chief Data Officer to execute flawless delivery and ensure data accessibility, all at the most effective and efficient cost.
The team interacts with Shell’s offshore delivery centres, with >50 people assigned to the team from Chennai as well as Manila and the new Krakow data science hub.
You will be responsible for:
Engagements with local teams/business data owners to define and implement data governance principles across Retail
Defining Data Quality Systems & Managing the implementation across the Platforms managed by our Team
Leading activities and Collaborating with the Finance Operations Data team and Platform Leads/ Business Application Owners on data cleansing activities
Owning all aspects of data governance and mapping including removal of duplicated data across data sets plus retention and deletion plans
Support the development and implementation of a Global Retail Dashboard on Data Quality & support gap closure activities
Contribute to the development and implementation new Machine Learning techniques to improve data quality
Implementing & formalizing the Data Stewardship Framework in Retail across the core Platforms
Evangelist of Data Quality across the Retail Organization
To succeed in the role, you will need to have
Strong affinity to data and knowledge of data quality frameworks
Demonstrated experience working with large and often complex data, strong analytic skills and ability to evaluate and interpret trends
Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills and ability to identify innovative ways to resolve issues and improve processes.
Influencing skills and ability to persuade business to take necessary actions to manage and improve Data Quality and ability to deliver results through others.
Excellence Stakeholder management skills and ability to develop a network to drive the Data Quality vision in a virtual environment
English min. C1 is a must
Number of Vacancies:
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects