State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Accountant, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-640383
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role
The position is available within Payment HUB team in Financial Shared Service Center Cracow (Poland), which provides a wide range of services to multiple State Street Bank locations, including EMEA and North America.
The Team provides operation support for Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), Foreign Exchange for Cash (FX4Cash) and Cross Border Low Value Payments (XBACH).
Main job responsibilities:
- Performing complex end-to-end payments processes that may include [but are not limited to]: payments preparation, review and release, accounting documents processing and preparation of daily cash balances.
- Assisting with analyzing banking statements and financial and tax audits.
- Assisting in documentation and monitoring of internal controls, performing other projects and/or reports as assigned etc,
- Monitoring and confirming to direct manager completeness of daily tasks delivery at the end of each business day.
- Developing and maintaining close working relations with the business locations,
- Implementing and documenting change and investigating its implications,
- Gathering, validating and objectively analyzing relevant information to identify key issues, drawing sound conclusions and making decisions on the appropriate course of action.
- Be able to cover Team Leader in case of absence,
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients
- Identify [and execute] process improvements. Keep process documentation up to date [change management]
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and suggest necessary corrective action, keeping team and direct manager informed of issue; record occurring issues in the issues log and track progress
- Support junior staff with the job-related tasks; act as SME
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A background in banking, with knowledge and experience of working within an operations environment is preferred
- At least 3 years of professional experience in finance and/or other related fields.
- Knowledge of international payments/settlements would be beneficial.
- Advanced English language skills
- An ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, with good time management and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment also the ability to lead and motivate a team of people.
- An innovative and structured approach to work, coupled with an ability to continuously identify and implement process improvements.
- A willingness to take ownership of problems and an ability to communicate with clients, and colleagues at all levels whilst being customer service focused.
- PC application knowledge and good Excel skill-set are necessary.
What We Offer:
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.