State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Financial Reporting Transformation and Technology Senior Manager, AVP
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-639903
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
- Under supervision of Head of Financial Reporting, the Technical Support and Transformation Manager will lead the team of SMEs in various projects, special analysis and initiatives relating to technical aspects of the business as part of the transformation initiatives
- Manage the technical team providing implementation and BAU support to end users (ARC, MSR, etc)
- Manage the deliverables performance of various initiatives under the scope of the Technical Support and Transformation team against the local and global targets.
- Provide technical support to Head of Financial Reporting, or to business teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
- Become owner of Poland Transformation within Financial Reporting and align with other locally driven transformation programs (i.e. Fund Accounting)
- Actively participate in global Financial Reporting transformation initiatives and own dedicated global and cross hub initiatives
- Deeply cooperate with SME form global locations in order to achieve assigned goals
- Be fully accountable for the review of current operational activities with a view to identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Participate as senior technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process. Provide regular progress reports and give feedback during project meetings.
- Act as primary central contact point for other key stakeholders with regard to providing technical data from an operational perspective.
- Drive analysis and planning of Financial Reporting Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice.
- Manage team resource allocation while ensure optimum value added from SMEs in relation to multiple initiatives being supported
- Establish and maintain best practices around data collection for Key Performance Indicators of operational effectiveness
- Analysis available data regarding end-to-end operational activity to identify pain points and opportunities for operational improvement
- Gather data and live examples from operational teams to support identified opportunities
- Work across country-specific business units to understand regional differences and support creation of standardized and harmonized approaches
- Liaises with other internal clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
COMMUNICATION & RELATIONSHIPS
- Provides timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keeps Team Supervisor informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests.
- Keeps Fund Accounting Managers updated with regard to project progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues. Demonstrate collaboration with other teams and departments.
- Demonstrates flexibility by supporting different client groups as well as contributing to a range of projects.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous successful track of transformation/change implementation of larger operations is required; at least 6-8 years
- Education: Engineering, Accountancy or Business related degree
- Excellent client/stakeholder relationship skills
- Experience in managing teams Analytical & problem solving abilities
- Self-motivated and able to work within a virtual team
- Ability to drive a change and deeply engage stakeholders into the change
- Ability to work with ambiguous scope/remit
- Ability to create/maintain new relationships with a wide range of SMEs at all levels
- Experience of the project lifecycle and structure
- Critical Thinking skills and ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Solid understanding of fund administration or willingness to learn
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.