Deputy Team Leader in Investment Compliance Team [online recruitment]
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas specialising in the administration and protection of financial securities for institutional investors, financial intermediaries and major companies worldwide. We have local expertise in 36 markets and a global reach covering more than 90 markets.
As leading global custodians, we serve a range of clients such as fund managers (including alternative funds), insurance companies, sovereign-wealth funds, pension funds, brokers and investment banks, commercial banks, major companies and issuers.
The Warsaw office was established in 2008 and comprises two business lines:
International Operations Centre (IOC) providing asset and fund services for a number of locations across Europe.
Custody & clearing services offering broker-dealers, global custodians and investment banks a full clearing, settlement and custody solution in Poland and other markets.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting Team Leader in monitoring the quality and timeliness of processes performed by the team
- Acting as the first point of contact for Investment Compliance legacy locations in case of absence of the Team Leader
- Supporting Team Leader in people management incl. yearly appraisals with employees, recruitment processes, training newcomers and developing employees
- Dealing with any unexpected issues disrupting BAU such as system failure or shortage of staff
- Carrying out BAU duties together with other team members
- Providing technical/knowledge support to other members of the team
- Ensuring the efficient work allocation in the team
- Assisting Team Leader in reporting activities, preparing and monitoring of KPIs, procedures and BCM documentation and also keeping legacy locations updated on a daily basis
- Contributing into maintaining and developing successful professional relations with Service Partners
- Ensuring the timely escalation of issues and highlighting incidents to the Team-Leader, Manager or Head of Department in legacy location in case of absence of the Team Leader
- Active participation in innovation projects, quality improvements, onboarding and integration of new operational activities
- Leading team meetings on various subjects such as organizational or process issues, etc.
- Experience in acting as a Deputy Team Leader/Supervisor
- Understanding of managerial responsibilities and duties
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience
- Deep knowledge about Investment Fund Industry and Securities Market
- Any actions taken to develop on the managerial path will be an asset
- Fluency in English, knowledge of French, German, Spanish will be an asset
- Ability to motivate and develop other team members
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organisational habits
- Stress resistance and ability to work under pressure
- Stable employment on the basis of full-time job contract
- Supportive and friendly work environment with many opportunities to integrate with work colleagues (tennis school, football league, volleyball and basketball classes, integration weekends, etc.)
- Wide range of trainings: soft skills, professional competences, technical trainings and financial knowledge trainings
- Opportunities to growth within the organization including 6 Career Paths to choose from
- Prestigious work location near Rondo Daszyńskiego
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please attach the below clause to your application:I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) introduced into the Polish law with Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Dz. U. 2018 poz.1000 as amended). I acknowledge that I have the right at any time to view, to amend or correct and to request to erase my personal data.
Get to know more about us on:
See you soon :)
BNP Paribas Securities Services S.K.A. Oddział w Polsce
ul. Wronia 31, 00-846 Warszawa