Trading Settlements supports Shell’s integrated global portfolio of crude oil, refined products, natural gas, electrical power, chemicals and freight trading based in the UK, US, Canada, Singapore, The Netherlands, Japan, Barbados, United Arab Emirates, The Philippines and Russia who provides marine expertise to operating units and manages a substantial fleet of vessels.
The Trading Settlements processes linked are complex, risk exposed due to ever changing regulatory environment and often time critical. They involve working closely with different stakeholders (Traders, Operations, R&A, Financial Accounting, Process Excellence, Process Owner organization, etc.) within the Trading business at the various Trading locations.
Would You like to be part of Trading Settlements Shell Energy Europe Limited team?
As Trading Settlements Specialist You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring period end processes (accruals, accounts reconciliation, Manual Journal Entries booking, prepayment / deferred income postings etc.) are carried out accurately and completed as per deadlines agreed and in line with SOX controls (Control Operator role),
- Supporting Team Manager in building expertise and wider process understanding amongst the team, being proactive in daily issue resolution, acting as an effective Team Manager’ backup,
- Monitoring and preparing KPIs and other team metrics and providing Team Manager with daily insights on process execution,
- Acting as a focal point and Super User for requests originating from outside the Trading Settlements cluster, including queries received from both internal and external auditors,
- Reviewing the existing processes to ensure maximum benefit from the Continuous Improvement initiatives,
- Contributing effectively to the wider initiatives of the Hydrocarbon leadership team,
- Cooperating closely with the Process Excellence and Process Owner organizations for any new business scenarios and new projects within the Trading Settlements team, including testing to be performed as per requirement provided,
- 3+ years of General Ledger or equivalent experience preferable (will be an asset),
- Experience preferably in area of Trading (SAP P80 knowledge will be an asset),
- Strong accounting knowledge and deep understanding of the accounting operations and how these transactions impact the larger financial accounting picture,
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently while under pressure and with competing priorities,
- Strong communication skills required to articulate challenges in day-to-day operations and to manage business stakeholders’ requirements through virtual connects,
- Proven ability to work proactively and with minimum supervision,
- Resilient and adaptable to growing business challenges,
- Very good knowledge of German and English.
Number of Vacancies:
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects