State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Fund Expense Administration & Reporting Senior Manager, AVP
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-641335
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Under supervision of Head of FA Change & Projects, the Fund Expense Administration & Reporting Manager will be taking responsibility for managing Fund Expense Administration & Reporting teams and leading the team of SMEs in various projects, special analysis and initiatives relating to technical aspects of the business as part of the transformation initiative. Manage the deliverables performance of various initiatives under the scope of the Expense team against the local and global targets. Provide technical support to Head of FA Change & Projects, or to business teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Is fully accountable for the review of current operational activities with a view to identifying opportunities for improvement;
- Participates as senior technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process;
- Provides regular progress reports and give feedback during project meetings;
- Acts as primary central contact point for other key stakeholders with regard to providing technical data from an operational perspective;
- Drives analysis and planning of Fund Expense Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice;
- Ensures regular FTE and capacity analysis within fund accounting teams to identify optimization opportunities;
- Manages team resource allocation while ensure optimum value added from SMEs in relation to multiple initiatives being supported;
- Performs annual reviews of staff and develops them. Recommend promotions, terminations, counseling, and transfers;
- Participates in interviewing and hiring new staff. Evaluates existing staff, ensures that teams are well balanced in terms of experience and expertise;
- Provides timely and professional responses to all enquiries;
- Keeps Team Supervisor informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests;
- Keeps Fund Accounting Manager updated with regard to project progress;
- Provides timely and professional responses to all management related and internal enquiries;
- Keeps stakeholders and colleagues informed as to the status of requests;
Skills we value:
- Accountancy or Business related degree is preferred;
- 7+ years of experience in operations or fund administration is required;
- Experience in managing large teams.
- Good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent client/stakeholder relationship skills
- Experience in managing teams Analytical & problem solving abilities
- Self-motivated and able to work within a virtual team
- Ability to work with ambiguous scope/remit
- Ability to create/maintain new relationships with a wide range of SMEs at all levels
- Experience of the project lifecycle and structure
- Critical Thinking skills and ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Solid understanding of fund administration
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.