State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Depositary Manager, Officer
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-642034
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Who we are looking for:
The Depositary Manager is responsible for managing the Depositary Group, sets the operational goals for the Depositary group as a whole, and the operational and personal development goals for the individual team members, observes the status of the operations and provides additional management attention whenever needed, manages the risks within the Depositary Group, on an operational and a human resources level. The Depositary Manager keeps the Department Senior Manager or Head (AVP or VP) informed of problems and successes within the Depositary Group.
What you will be responsible for:
- Ensure team/group is achieving accuracy and meeting pre-determined deadlines
- Carry out responsibilities fairly and impartially; create and maintain an engaged work environment and ensure appropriate communications channels are in place
- Assist in developing and implementing new workflow approaches and methods as well as system enhancements
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to identify, analyze and proactively resolve issues
- Key point of contact for internal clients when urgent needs arise
- Authority to hire, discipline, control work and terminate employment for direct reports and broader team as needed
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff
- Accountability and responsibility for completing and delivering performance reviews on time
- Ensure SOPs/regulations are met and escalate as needed
- Product expert for COE. Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of overall process and operating model
- Identify all risk issues, breaches and suspicious transactions and act in accordance with the 'risk' escalation chain and operating procedures
- Implement and communicate to staff, advise changes to the risk framework and/or escalation chain
- Perform related duties as assigned
Experience / Qualification / Key Skills / Attributes:
- 4+ years experience in finance, custody or fund administration would be recommended
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA/CFA qualified or part qualified an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail crucial
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Exceptional management skills
- Fluent in English
What we offer:
- Employee savings plan.
- Premium life insurance package.
- VIP medical package.
- International operating environment.
- Home office possibilities
- Language classes.
- Soft skills trainings.
- Technical workshops.
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.