Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
Join us as a Lead Specialist in Mutual Funds Transfers!
A Lead Specialist in Mutual Funds Transfers will be responsible for processing and settling of Mutual Funds Transfers and Conversions for BBH clients, tracking timeliness of the updates to ensure meeting assigned standards, responding to client's inquiries and processing necessary adjustments to reflect the activity on the market. A Lead Specialist would need to manage the workflow and ensure completion of needed reporting as well as support changes requiring system and workflow enhancements.
- Review the transfer instructions for accuracy and spot missing/incorrect details
- Process the transfer to the market and upon receiving confirmation of settlement reflect it on BBH books
- Reconcile breaks between the books of BBH and Funds
- Ensure timely delivery of updates to clients both in transfers and conversion activities
- Assist team members with work when in high volume
- Assist management in ensuring proper product delivery, proper escalation and resolution of high exposure items
- Acting as a main checker for most sensitive clients or complex cases
- Be able to track and follow up on multiple cases at the same time and, adjust to competing priorities and meet daily deadlines
- Prepare and distribute all needed reporting
- Be involved in several projects efficiently with limited resources and tight deadlines
Ensuring all conversions, updates for transfers and testing efforts are done within assigned deadlines, communicate to management if expecting delays/challenges
Ensure all transfers are well documented with back up and stored as required
Ensure all testing is recorded with back ups and all impacted areas are being tested to avoid any risk of not having an area of scope tested prior to implementation
Escalate all issues, problems to supervisors. Ensure the defects are resolved timely and track updates on them in the file
Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure
Qualifications for this role include:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2 to 3 years experience in financial services
- Mutual Funds or Trade Processing/Trade Management experience is a plus
- Ability to communicate professionally with others.
- An aptitude for analytical and problem resolution.
- Able to work with multiple projects at the same time, prioritize, assign priorities, shift priorities when changes dictate
- Self Starter, proactive, and objective oriented.
- Enthusiastic leadership skills and ability to engage others.
- Excel knowledge would be a plus
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- Employment stability with indefinite contract from day one.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others