Big Data Administrator
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you like to work in an environment with multiple, complex IT technologies? Are you a customer-focused team player, who would like to become part of a larger global organization? Would you like to take an opportunity to drive your career?
We’re looking for someone who can help:
• Administer crucial infrastructure to enable our next generation analytics and data science capabilities
• Operate a multi-tenant service, encompassing cluster management, security, resource and quota management, partitioning, monitoring chargeback, data governance, quality and lineage
• Add immediate value by establishing Big Data environments based on Hadoop
• Innovate and evolve our Big Data capabilities through research and hands-on practice
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams across hardware, platform services, and operations
• Advise users in architecting big data solutions and providing training and 1:1 consultancy
You’ll be working in the Big Data Operations team in Wroclaw, Poland to engineer and operate, in collaboration with our Global Big Data Service team, a new Center of Excellence across the bank for big data technologies and services based on Cloudera technologies. We enable solutions for numerous lines of business implementing modern big data analytics initiatives across Wealth Management, Investment Banking, and Corporate Center divisions including Risk and Finance, HR, and other Technology Service Teams.
• At least 5 years of hands-on Hadoop/Cloudera administration expertise backed by relevant certifications
• Deep knowledge of core Hadoop services including HIVE, IMPALA, YARN/Spark and Sentry
• Experience working on large clusters (50+ nodes) focusing on addressing issues resulting from hyper scale and petabyte sized data warehouses
• Good knowledge of Linux/Unix, distributed computing, networks, and network security
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or computer information systems or related experience
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong communicator who can partner with technical experts as well as end-users who might not be well versed in IT (you’re comfortable talking to pros and amateurs)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."