State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Senior Billing Accountant, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-642490
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Global Billing Operations as a part of State Street's Finance Division is responsible for end to end client invoicing and reconciliation activities on investment funds. The team provide services for 7 EMEA countries: France, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland and the UK.
- Provide extensive expertise in billing area
- Support the internal and external billing of services to the business
- Reconcile billed accounts against P&L accounts
- Manage internal departments and external clients queries relating to billing, reports and invoices
- Provide information to internal departments and external clients as needed to facilitate payment for invoices
- Review of calculated invoices against contracts agreed with clients
- Ensure billing related internal controls are followed
- Cooperate and support Team Leader/Team Manager in supervision over daily process completeness
- Support Team Leader in organizing team workload and trainings for less experienced team members
- Perform second eye review after less experienced team members
- Act as first contact and escalation point for internal and external business partners
- Present highest level of risk excellence and be an example of ethical behaviour for the team
- Provide support and training to less experienced team members
- Support management and lead projects related to Billing area
- Act as team/department representative on various committees and working groups
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 4 years of experience in investment banking / asset management services / fund accounting / accounting
- Fund accounting or fund services experience is an asset
- Understanding of various range of products in the investment banking domain
- Knowledge of financial instruments
- Extensive knowledge of accounting processes
- Fluent English both in speaking and writing
- Very good numerical and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office tools
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with business and systems personnel
- Pro-active approach, with initiative, detailed oriented and reliability
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- Multisport card
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.