Reporting & Analysis employs some 25% of the total staff of FO. The core purpose of R&A is to provide a top quartile (effectiveness and efficiency) team to drive an agenda of financial accounting, reporting and analysis that delivers the majority of relevant external (Group and Corporate) and internal reporting for RDS.
The Upstream Snr Business Analyst role is a critical position within the Upstream Planning, Appraisal & Reporting team, for the effective performance and risk management of our businesses. The Upstream PAR teams, through regular reporting & planning cycles, provide world class finance support for senior decision makers. These roles are also critical to the delivery of the business plan: comprising the annual Operating Plan with long-term Strategic Plan Updates.
The Senior Business Analyst will be part of a professional finance team responsible for compiling the reporting, planning and performance appraisal of the business. He or she will be working closely with functional stakeholders to achieve this goal, needing to understand their issues, constructively challenge their inputs and together deliver a high-quality submission.
Individually this position will have responsibility for a wide variety of deliverables related to the reporting, planning and appraisal process and typically be the subject matter expert / owner for a Key Financial Indicator (eg. Cash, Capex, Opex) across an entire business. These are end-to-end roles delivered from Finance Operations where products need to be delivered with absolute quality for interface directly with senor business leaders. As such this role does provide input and advice directly and/or indirectly to Senior leaders in the organization. This role covers existing scope within R&A which is being re-focused with deeper Global & Strategic Themes (ST) accountabilities and more process focus as part of World Class Finance.
These roles will report to a Strategic Theme PAR Lead (eg. Shales). The roles will have an accountability to deliver in one of two capacities:
1) As an Upstream KPI focal accountable for the STs performance on this KPI along with understanding and delivering to global stakeholders for the full analysis of this KPI. These roles offer a broad global view of business performance with the ability to apply this in a single line of business context.
2) As a Strategic Theme dedicated focal with ST KPI focus for planning and appraisal along with country interface. These roles offer deeper interaction with individual ST performance and partnering.
• Experience with continuous improvement (especially Lean) and change management is important and will be developed
• Easiness to use Excell for data comparisons, analysis and report compilation
• Mindset to drive true global standards in a customer centric way
• Technical capabilities in automation and data management or the aptitude to develop these skills.
• You should have a professional qualification such as CIMA or ACCA - or demonstrate recent progress to obtaining your qualification.
• Self-starter with a track record of performance and proven ability to deliver quality results under significant time pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal & leadership skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility, respect and rapport;
• Strong communication skills, and ability to synthesize data into key messages & business insights
• Strong analytical and numerical skills
• Evidence of external focus and understanding of the energy industry, competitors, suppliers and markets is helpful
• Able to work across organizational boundaries with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization
Number of Vacancies:
Benefits of working at Shell:
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Utwórz powiadomienie, a informacje o nowych ofertach pracy spełniających Twoje kryteria otrzymasz mailowo.
Dziękujemy za utworzenie powiadomienia. Nowe oferty pracy spełniające ustawione przez Ciebie kryteria będą przesyłane na Twój adres e-mail.
Zamknij okno, aby wrócić do poprzedniej strony.