IT Software Engineer - Java Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate?
We’re looking for software engineers to:
• Design and implement technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• leverage the latest technologies to provide the best user experience
• design, plan and deliver resilient solutions using various programming languages
• provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design
• see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
Technology is at the very heart of UBS. As a team of thousands of talented women and men, we have a critical role to play in building, delivering and maintaining the systems, services and infrastructure that power our business. So, banking is technology; but really technology is people—and every person has a crucial role to play on the UBS Technology team.
You’ll be working in the Finance, Risk and Analytics Service (FRAS) Technology team in Krakow, Poland. Part of the larger Group Technology organization at UBS, FRAS Technology delivers quality, innovative solutions that support our Group Functions business partners in achieving their operational goals.
Our role is to design and implement IT products that ensure complex regulatory requirements and transformation programs are tracked through to solution. We are shifting away from monolithic platforms toward a microservice architecture and working on all software to be containerized and cloud-ready. We are a global IT team with teams based in the United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Poland and India to support our internal clients throughout the world.
• Familiarity working with agile methodology
• Strong database and data analysis skills
• A history of producing secure and clean code that is stable, operational, consistent and well-performing
• Methodology know-how on how to ensure that project deliverables meet industry best practices
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
• effective within the complexity, constraints and boundaries of a leading global organization, operating in a highly regulated industry, running on bespoke software
• Flexible and resilient team player with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward
• Keen to develop subject matter expertise on our core products and solutions overall
• Experience in financial services is a plus, but not required
• Fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."