Lead Java Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a master of Java interested in the coming frameworks, tools and techniques? Do you know how to solve challenging problems in elegant ways? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
• lead a development team and deliver on the next generation implementation of digital solutions for our business
• drive technical specification and the component design
• develop the service-layer of a large-scale rich internet platform in collaboration with business analysts, client-side developers, database developers and quality assurance (QA) professionals
• master state-of-the-art technologies within a complex business domain
• share knowledge across the whole development community
• take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services (this is what drives you)
You’ll be working in a Mortgage Finance team based out of Wroclaw. This is a multiyear program of work which will involve working with cutting edge technology and engaging Front-to-Back across multiple teams and groups.
• experience in managing globally spread resources and knowing about possibly related cultural aspects
• strong experience with Java Enterprise and the Spring Framework (Container, MVC, JDBC)
• expertise in generic computing science including OOP modelling (UML, SOLID etc.), algorithms, data structures and design patterns
• clean coding and refactoring skills
• good knowledge of unit testing approach & frameworks (e.g. JUnit)
• experience with build tools like Maven, and development tools such as Eclipse, Git, Subversion, JIRA, TeamCity, Nexus
• proficiency with relational database concepts and interaction (JDBC, SQL, RDBMS)
• proficiency with UNIX and scripting (.ksh, perl etc.)
• experience with web servers running Tomcat & Apache
• know-how of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
• adaptable, able to work across teams, functions and applications
• enthusiastic, self-motivated and client-focused
• analytical and methodical, using evidence to solve problems
• a strong communicator, fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."