Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
The Compliance Representative – Core Compliance Group position will primarily handle electronic communications review of LOB e-communications for potential Compliance issues including, complaints, information barriers, Outside Business Activities, use of unapproved devices, etc. and HR related reviews (i.e., unprofessional conduct). In addition, the individual will assist in the review of OFAC sanction screening of BBH personnel.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the primary reviewer of e-communication monitoring, escalate and coordinate with LOB Risk Mangers and Compliance Advisory Officers when necessary.
- Follow-up on any escalations reported pursuant to communications reviews.
- Weekly and monthly review of communication alert volume and aging metrics.
- Perform OFAC sanction screening of BBH employees.
- Monitor and respond to inquiries received into the AskCompliance mailbox.
- Assistance the Core Compliance department with ad hoc projects as needed.
- BA or BS degree.
- Willingness to develop in a Compliance sector.
- Experience with e-mail surveillance in a prior position would be a strong asset.
- Strong English skills.
- Familiarity with electronic communications retention and surveillance requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others