- Is the primary point of contact for the Country Head executives in those countries the role supports. Provides marketing and external communications advice to the Country Head and their senior management team.
- Provides project management and support for executing marketing strategies in those selected countries. Activates global and regional marketing strategies and initiatives within the countries and develops bespoke activities a local level, ensuring programs are nuanced for specific country needs to drive business priorities.
- Supports the planning and implementation of key activities related to thought leadership, content strategy, public relations, social media, brand activation as well as events and sponsorships, working with the regional and global teams as required.
- Works with the Global Marketing Shared Service Center or approved external vendors to oversee marketing services management tasks including budget, project tracking and reporting and metrics.
- Receives and responds to or re-directs general marketing queries from internal stakeholders.
- Coordinates online content for country specific internet pages and websites by working with the relevant business stakeholders and Global Marketing colleagues.
- Drafts content and creates bespoke marketing assets for external audiences, including articles, collateral, newsletters and PowerPoint presentations.
- Works with local vendors to ensure adherence to internal processes and negotiates costs and manages financial aspects, including invoicing and payments.
- Builds relationships with internal and external stakeholders in the local markets as needed.
- Fluency in English at a business level, in verbal and written communications, is vital along with a good knowledge of communications best practices.
- Additional language skills such as French, German or Italian would be useful
- Ability to develop marketing programs and generate content that is of interest and relevant to State Street’s existing and prospective clients.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interface with colleagues from all disciplines, backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Solid understanding of social media, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and general computer proficiency.
- Must be a highly motivated and energetic self-starter who is able to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven remote work environment—both independently and as a dedicated team member.
- Able to work remotely and separated from key stakeholders. Comfortable interacting with stakeholders and sometimes colleagues via telephone and video.
- Experience operating in a complex, global organization with matrix reporting lines and multiple stakeholders would be advantageous.
Education and Experience
- University degree, ideally in a communications or marketing-related discipline.
Five to eight years of communications or marketing experience, preferable.
About State Street
What we do.
We employ a diverse group of people within our 26 worldwide locations and 10 investment centers. As an organization, we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader, is a fundamental value at State Street. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers