Specialist in Ownership Verification in OTC Derivatives Middle Office
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas specialising in the administration and protection of financial securities for institutional investors, financial intermediaries and major companies worldwide. We have local expertise in 36 markets and a global reach covering more than 90 markets.
As leading global custodians, we serve a range of clients such as fund managers (including alternative funds), insurance companies, sovereign-wealth funds, pension funds, brokers and investment banks, commercial banks, major companies and issuers.
The Warsaw office was established in 2008 and comprises two business lines:
International Operations Centre (IOC) providing asset and fund services for a number of locations across Europe.
Custody & clearing services offering broker-dealers, global custodians and investment banks a full clearing, settlement and custody solution in Poland and other markets.
As a Specialist in Ownership Verification & Investigation Team you will be responsible for performing daily reconciliations and answering any queries related to it, as well as raising any breaks / discrepancies to the respective trade processing teams or Client account managers.
- Reconciling and verifying Client/broker holdings of listed and OTC derivatives via automated platforms and/or manual reconciliation.
- Investigating discrepancies with teams across BNP Paribas group.
- Contacting internal clients in case of issues.
- Updating and setting up clients funds in reconciliation platforms.
- Analysing and qualifying mismatches and dispatching them to the relevant teams.
- Answering all incoming requests from internal teams or clients.
- Understanding the risk linked to the business activity, and suggesting improvements to existing processes and practices.
- Actively participating in regular performance and group meetings.
- Preparing regular reporting based on the reconciliations performed.
- On-boarding new clients for automated and manual reconciliations.
- University degree (preferred: Finance, Economics, etc.)
- Fluent command of English
- Minimum 2 years of experience in financial services.
- Derivatives (OTC and listed) knowledge will be a strong asset
- Good understanding of Middle Office functions including affirmation/confirmation, trade reconciliations & counterparty’s process will be an asset
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively as a team player
- Good communication skills, ability to interact efficiently with clients and effectively manage expectations
- Self-motivation and willingness to learn
- Stable employment, full-time job contract
- Six Career Paths to choose from
- Complex onboarding and induction programme
- Trainings, co-financed language courses, professional certifications and post-graduate studies
- Possibility to work from home
- Private medical package including dental care, freedom of treatment and telemedicine
- Life insurance
- Employee Pension Plan
- Sports Card
- Lunch Card
- Cafeteria Platform
- Modern, eco-friendly office located near Metro Daszyńskiego station
- Opportunity to integrate and enhance our good work atmosphere (sports teams, chess club, Toasmasters, MixCity, Pride Poland, CSR).
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please attach the below clause to your application:I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) introduced into the Polish law with Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Dz. U. 2018 poz.1000 as amended). I acknowledge that I have the right at any time to view, to amend or correct and to request to erase my personal data.
Get to know more about us on:
See you soon :)
BNP Paribas Securities Services S.K.A. Oddział w Polsce
ul. Wronia 31, 00-846 Warszawa