Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a PMO Senior Data Analyst – Change Management
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a PMO Senior Data Analyst to join our Change Management team. The PMO (Project Management Office) Data Analyst works under the direct supervision of a PMO manager to extract and analyze data from project tracking systems and produce management reporting. The PMO Analyst will work directly with Project and Program Managers to ensure project and portfolio data is entered to the systems timely and accurately, providing technical support as needed.
The person in this role would be expected to identify anomalies in the data, researching to identify root cause and resolving or escalating as appropriate. This role provides technical support to project and portfolio managers, as well as fellow PMO team members, to ensure accuracy of data. The role may also interact with Controllers and Systems teams responsible for the CA PPM (Clarity) project management system.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Extract data, using data queries and reports, from project and portfolio management systems and related tools (CA PPM, Jaspersoft, Excel and Access; JIRA, Confluence, Sharepoint);
- Analyze and verify data completeness and accuracy;
- Create and maintain standard reports to track costs and progress of projects, to monitor project deliverables or project and portfolio resources;
- Coordinate with Controllers and/or other project related parties to produce data analysis associated with project and portfolio budgets;
- Assist Program/Project Managers in gathering data through queries and reports to prepare materials for steering committees/status reporting;
- Provide moderate level of user support for department users of project management systems and related tools(CA PPM, Jaspersoft, Excel and Access; JIRA, Confluence, Sharepoint);
- Assist PMO team members and Project/Program Managers with data entry and updates in project management systems and related tools as needed;
- Create job aids for users to explain how to enter, update and view system data in project management systems and related tools;
- Provide informal training and/or answer questions related to system usage;
- Conduct regression testing as needed to ensure new software releases do not impact ability to run queries and standard reports as needed;
- Identify and escalate systemic issues that impact ability to run standard reports and queries.
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrated data analysis skills including ability to gather, synthesize and analyze large sets of data for directed purpose, and communicate findings and insights;
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with data management tools including database tables, and data visualization/report writing/graphing tools;
- Familiarity with project management software desired (CA PPM, Jaspersoft, Excel and Access; JIRA, Confluence, Sharepoint, etc.);
- Competency with MS Office applications including:Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook;
- Intermediate level of Excel skills e.g., ability to create pivot tables, basic formulas and charts;
- Familiarity with project methodologies including theoretical aspects of project management -nice to have;
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Ability to learn, adapt, and apply new concepts and technologies;
- Customer-focused perspective, team work, and adaptability;
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with project team and program/project managers.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.