Financial Crime Prevention - Quantitative Analyst
Compliance, Quantitative Analysis, Risk
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about data analytics? Do you know how effectively use technology and quantitative methods to solve analytical challenges? Do you want to keep criminals from abusing the financial system by applying state-of-the-art data analytics techniques?
We're looking for someone like that to:
• develop and maintain tools and other technical solutions which support risk assessment processes
• bring innovative solutions to the Financial Crime Prevention (FCP) analytics in the development, refinement and implementation of risk analytics framework and tools
• address risks by developing new tool and algorithms to analyze and discover emerging money laundering, terrorism financing, sanctions and bribery and corruption risks
• collaborate across various Financial Crime on different analytical tasks
• support regulatory exercises related to Financial Crime risk assessment
• support delivery of independent risk assessment and reports
• contribute to projects related to financial crime risk mitigation, control and management across UBS business divisions
You will be working in the Global Risk Assessments and Analytics team within global Financial Crime Prevention function. We work as a gatekeeper in preventing money laundering, terrorism financing, sanctions and corruption risks for the bank. Our role is to perform group level risk assessments, evaluate money laundering risks using data analytics, and carry out systematic data mining exercises on a client and transactions level. You will work in our Team in Krakow.
• a Master degree (MS or MA) in quantitative discipline, e.g.: applied mathematics, computer science, physics, engineering or statistics or solid equivalent experience in working with big data sets and involvement in the projects requiring programming skills.
• solid coding and data analytics skills (e.g., Python (preferred), SQL, R, business objects, etc.)
• data extracting, manipulation, transforming skills
• RDBMS administration/mngmt skills using standard tools like PostgresSql, MySQl
• fluent English skills (oral & written); Knowledge of other languages and cultures is an advantage
• experience with results visualization techniques (this is an advantage)
• able to analyze a problems, take a view and propose solutions
• think out-of-the-box and creative
• team player with ability to make things happen and stick with an individual task
• known for having a strong attention to detail and strong research capability
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."