Junior IT Quality & Test Engineer - HR Ops & Service Delivery
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a logical thinker and possess a problem-solving mentality? Are you eager to learn how to successfully plan, organize and control all test activities? Do you want the know-how for achieving defined test goals and implementing testing? Do you want to be part of our QA & Test Engineer team, making sure our application and technical environments meet the requirements?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic junior person to become an IT quality & test engineer to:
• maintain and enhance automation frameworks for testing the department's systems globally
• have a ‘shift left’ attitude striving for quality requirements / design artifacts before test activities start.
• develop custom test tools and integrate with existing toolsets to increase engineering productivity
• be responsible for planning and executing test activities inclusive of functional and non-functional testing.
• liaise with multiple stakeholders at all levels including international locations
• comply with the test strategy, testing standards, templates, and test plans for all stages of testing
• in return, you will receive a full training program to equip you for your role
You’ll be working in the HRIT team based in Krakow, Poland. We analyze, develop and deliver global solutions to maintain or change our IT systems with our business counterparts. As a junior IT quality & test engineer you'll play an important role in ensuring the development methodology is followed and contributing to technical design discussions with the architects.
Our culture centers around being proud and driven by our curiosity. We are always looking to the future for inspiration and embracing challenges. We are entrepreneurial and leverage diverse skills, backgrounds and solutions to constantly improve and transform. We are outcome driven - We are responsible and focused on results and operational excellence. We work collaboratively to deliver a brighter future for our clients in partnership with our business. Your views and opinion matter and active dialogue and participation is encouraged
This is an exciting time to join HRIT and you will be an essential part of our new journey. You must be highly skilled and proficient in your area of expertise and make significant contributions to our IT programs.
• Knowledge of QA, software testing & test automation is beneficial
• Ability to demonstrate some understanding of software testing principles, concepts, testing tools and delivery methodologies (Agile / Scrum / Waterfall).
• Have conceptual knowledge of quality assuring software against cloud-based technologies and infrastructure, such as AWS or MS Azure.
• Desirable to have some technical skills such as Java, Python, SQL, Unix, JIRA
• You will have a technology mind set and have an understanding of the importance of QA & Testing in the software development lifecycle
• Have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."