Senior Specialist in Investment Compliance area [online recruitment]
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas specialising in the administration and protection of financial securities for institutional investors, financial intermediaries and major companies worldwide. We have local expertise in 36 markets and a global reach covering more than 90 markets.
As leading global custodians, we serve a range of clients such as fund managers (including alternative funds), insurance companies, sovereign-wealth funds, pension funds, brokers and investment banks, commercial banks, major companies and issuers.
The Warsaw office was established in 2008 and comprises two business lines:
International Operations Centre (IOC) providing asset and fund services for a number of locations across Europe.
Custody & clearing services offering broker-dealers, global custodians and investment banks a full clearing, settlement and custody solution in Poland and other markets.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the compliance monitoring program with regards to rule building and fund creations
- Analysis of the contractual and legal requirements and implementation into the compliance monitoring system
- Execution of compliance checks based on legal and contractual requirements, including pre-analysis, market conformity, lending checks manually, and using a dedicated IT tool.
- Setup and maintenance of funds master data and investment compliance rules in a dedicated IT tool
- Supporting the integration of the new client’s operational activity
- Creation and update of operational procedures
- Training of processes to junior, specialist and other senior staff members in the team and beyond
- Subject Matter Expert for all processes performed by the team
- Testing of new applications and new features of existing applications
- Technical support and advisory role in projects
- Improving efficiency in a team or /and department
- Support Risk team with risk identification
- Administering the effectiveness of daily operations in your area
- Guaranteeing the escalation of problems to head of department / local management
- Cooperating on the delivery operational service levels agreed with clients, internally and externally
- Taking part in the development of new products and services
- Complying with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
- Cooperating with internal and external audit and operational risk management
- University degree (Finance, Economics, Law) or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the investment fund industry
- Good knowledge of the investment funds industry and securities market
- Familiar with legal / regulatory environments (particular knowledge UCIT'S / AIF)
- Experience reading/analysing prospectuses
- High attention to detail including accurate proof reading
- Fluent English language skills, spoken and written
- Outstanding analytical/problem solving skills and communicative competence
- Capability of working under stress
- Good knowledge of PC applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge of financial applications (Bloomberg, etc) would be considered as an advantage
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Stable employment on the basis of full-time job contract
- Supportive and friendly work environment with many opportunities to integrate with work colleagues (tennis school, football league, volleyball and basketball classes, integration weekends, etc.)
- Wide range of trainings: soft skills, professional competences, technical trainings and financial knowledge trainings
- Opportunities to grow within the organization including 6 Career Paths to choose from
- Attractive benefits package
- Prestigious work location near Rondo Daszyńskiego
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please attach the below clause to your application:I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) introduced into the Polish law with Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Dz. U. 2018 poz.1000 as amended). I acknowledge that I have the right at any time to view, to amend or correct and to request to erase my personal data.
Get to know more about us on:
See you soon :)
BNP Paribas Securities Services S.K.A. Oddział w Polsce
ul. Wronia 31, 00-846 Warszawa