Data Scientist - Econometrics
Equities, Evidence Lab Innovations, Quantitative Analysis, Research
Job Reference #
Do you have sharp analytic skills? Do you know how to solve problems and develop innovative solutions? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– Develop and maintain new time series models and tools
– Turn data into an asset across the organization
– Collect and combine data from multiple sources, analyze it for insights and produce great visuals
You’ll be working in the UBS Data Science team. We are a part of a street-leading primary research platform called Evidence Lab. At the heart of this project is the ability to systematically analyze and build statistical and machine learning models on companies and markets that we do research on. Our main goal is for business to make better decisions. Our main workplace is Fabryczna Office Park in Krakow, however currently we are working from home.
– strong background in Econometrics and Statistics and university degree, PhD, MSc, in related field
– excellent programming skills in R; knowledge of the following environments is a plus: Python, Tableau, Dataiku
– knowledge and experience of statistical and econometric techniques, probability theory, time series prediction
– strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with complex, multi-component problems
– knowledge of the financial markets is a plus.
– able to apply technical understanding to practical problems
– always professional (but you have the human touch)
– a strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
– well organized and able to thrive when no two days are the same.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."