BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Team provides a full site of administrative services to support real estate funds and property management including specific set of funds, fund accounting, investor servicing, ensuring that NAV packs for private equity & real estate clients are prepared in line with company policy and procedure.
• Leading and supervision on preparation of periodical accounting & NAV production for the Real Estate funds, that may include period closing activities, construction & validation, dissemination and reporting tasks for all underlying entities, consolidation.
• Supervise the reviews of general ledger transactions and annual/quarterly and monthly financial statements for multiple real estate properties.
• Performs complex Fund/Client Accounting responsibilities in the areas of driving Service Improvement plans, targeting efficiencies, enhancing processes and specialist review functions.
• Provides input into methodologies and checks the work of more junior team members.
• Provides guidance and reviews work related to cash and asset reconciliations relating to complex accounts or transactions.
• Resolves reconciliation of accounts for more complex or atypical transactions and reviews work of junior team members.
• Drafts reports for clients regarding the performance of complex funds.
• Reviews draft reports completed by more junior staff.
• Regularly interacts with clients in answering questions and resolving issues regarding fund reports and accounting processes.
• Assists in evaluating GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.
• Provides guidance to less experienced team members.
• May have people management responsibilities in some geographies.
• Contributes to the achievement of related teams objectives.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• 5-7 years of total work experience preferred, accounting/ audit background would be an asset.
• Experience with preparing financial statements.
• Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred.
• Real estate and investment accounting experience/education would be a strong asset.
• Business English.
• Experience in people management is preferred.
• Strong communication skills as well as high level of accuracy and proficiency in excel.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)