BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The Eagle Managed Services (EMS) is part of BNY Mellonâ€™s Asset Servicing business who works closely with a clientâ€™s front office, delivering services through the Eagle platform. EMS provides development and support for investment performance analysis, business operations for data management, data stewarding of job execution and workflows, data enrichment, and a wide variety of information delivery to clientâ€™s and their external partners.
Working hours â€“ Standard Shift- 8 am to 5 pm Poland time. Overtime and/or Weekend work is exception basis only and rare
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Business Analyst to join our team in Wroclaw. As a Business Analyst you will provide within EMS. S/he works collaboratively with EMS analysts, developers, service managers, and operational teams as well as with a variety of teams within the BNY Mellonâ€™s Asset Servicing business in order to clearly define systems, business, and functional requirements to support the design and overall delivery of solutions to our clients.
Position requires an individual that is self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision. The individual needs to be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment and be able to handle changing priorities. The individual will be required to interface with other groups within the company and must be able to demonstrate an ability to work in a professional, cooperative manner.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
Primary tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Document and validate business requirements
- Create functional specifications
- Be the liaison between the EMS developers, EMS operations and other teams
- Create test plans and perform system testing
- Research issues and bugs
- Some travel may be required but mostly limited to an occasional client visit
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst or working in a financial services operations role
- Degree in Finance, Math, Accounting, or other business concentrations is desired
- Solid knowledge of investment management business domain is required with Performance measurement, Financial Data Management, or Portfolio Accounting related experience is preferred
- Project management, hands on technology, SQL and relational database experience are a plus
- Ability to work effectively, cooperatively and in a professional manner with other groups within the company
- Experience working with Agile Scrum Methodology a plus
- Desire to learn one or more querying tools to access database information is required
- Although no programming experience is required, the desire to learn the technical architecture and structure of the system is required
- Prior Eagle product experience is not required, but highly valued