As a Payroll Team Leader You will manage and lead in-house payroll team. You will be involved in Ensuring successful delivery of services in support of IBM legal entity, in line with local legal regulations, corporate policies and procedures. Another responsibility is to monitore key performance indicators, identifies opportunities for improvement (via automation, simplification and transforming otherwise) and drives changes to do faster, deliver better results and enhance client’s experience. You will be as well acting as a subject matter expert in respect to payroll, social security and personal income tax.
- Organizes day-to-day activities of the team, ensures effective collaboration, provides training, coaching and support as required
- Manages payroll operations – calculation and relevant controls, accurate and timely processing of payments to employees and local authorities, booking to IBM ledger, internal and statutory reporting (monthly, quarterly, annually – as required), employee queries and other incoming questions/requests
- Cooperates with internal functions (HR, Finance, Treasury, Accounting, IT), with external authorities (Social Security Institution, Tax Office) and 3rd party providers of systems used
- Ensures alignment of process design, procedures, guidelines, and systems used to legal regulations, corporate and business requirements
- Supports internal and external audits, inspections and requests
- Leads special projects and initiatives toward successful completion, and or contributes as required
- Good English writing and speaking skills
- Good Polish writing and speaking skills
- Knowledge of local payroll related regulations and best practices
- Hands-on experience in international companies preferred
- Proven track record of leading a team
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, HR or labor law
- Ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to set priorities for self and others, deliver high quality work within the required deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Focused on continuous improvement at work
- Knowledge of HR and payroll systems
- Extensive benefits package (Multisport, OK System, private medical healthcare, life insurance, cinema tickets)
- An induction training that will allow you to smoothly transition into your new role – you will receive training from your colleagues to help you land in your job and you’ll also act as a trainer for assigned trainer-delivered, workshadow or recurring courses
- Learning: the opportunity to learn and grow your expertise taking part in trainings and language courses – global communication: want to improve your language skills? We will invest in you!
- Flexibility: employee development matters to us, that’s why every vacancy is open for internal recruitment
- Diversity: different nationalities united in one team
- Teamwork: no one is left behind! You will back-up team members when the circumstances require extra support. We are a connected team that flows.
- Innovation: we keep the knowledge of processes and country specific information up to date by attending recurring courses or any other training activities as well as using existing documentation. Do you have any ideas for improvements? We want to hear them!
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.