Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about delivering and building robust scalable state-of-the-art application?
Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate?
We're looking for someone like that to help
• develop, maintain and support systems delivering Market Data from exchanges, vendors and UBS systems to client applications
• with continuous improvement, test script maintenance, regression monitoring, quality control, Task and Change Management, QA Resource management and QA/Prod system co-ownership
• problem solve, plan, analyse and contribute to regional and global projects and initiatives
• participate in planning, estimating, documentation, and stakeholder engagement
• where you will take ownership of development tasks from inception to production, collaborating with BA, PM and Support teams, as well as other regional Market Data teams, delivering new market feeds plus enhancements and fixes
You’ll be working in Investment Bank IT – Market Data team. We’re responsible for providing real-time market data to critical applications, including algorithmic trading, GUIs and analytical platforms. We closely collaborate with the development teams responsible for these systems. We support both stock and derivative trading business.
We own systems comprising in-house code, where we do not use third-party Java libraries due to our performance requirements and depend on internally-developed, GC-free network and collections libraries. We also integrate and build on top of products provided by market data vendors.
Systems programming knowledge using Core Java, including strong knowledge of data-structures, Linux and networking is a must. Knowledge of C or C++ is beneficial.
• strong Java weighted toward systems programming, I/O, GC-free, data-structures, low-latency
• strong knowledge of data-structures
• strong Linux, including sys/admin, scripting in some of shell/Python/Groovy
• fundamental understanding of the networking stack
• a keen interest in financial markets (equities/derivatives/FX)
• experience in coding/debugging high-performance low-latency Java applications
• SDLC literate with experience in continuous integration, code-review and automated tests
• knowledge of C or C++ is beneficial
• focused on quality
• an excellent communicator
• aware of on-going technology trends and know pragmatically leverage their benefits
• quick learner
• comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."