Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. You are driven to get things done and view obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Product Development Analyst in Fund Services – Global Administration Product Group!
The Product Development Analyst will be expected to write business requirements, liaise with developers and vendors during analysis and design, create and execute UAT plans and scripts, document procedures and policies (“Best Practices”), provide support, and create and execute implementation plans (training, rollout, transition). The individual works both independently and as part of bank-wide project teams to actively analyze department needs and increase operational efficiency.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with business users to gather project requirements, perform data interrogation, mapping analysis, define end user requirements and data specifications;
- Gather source data, conduct process and data analysis, design process flow, write functional and data specifications;
- Present and interpret complex requirements to application development team;
- Participate in an iterative software development model, requiring analyst’s agility and flexibility handle and minimize requirement changes;
- Projects governance, including managing user expectations, project timeline and change of prioritization of projects;
- Perform application testing, assist User Acceptance Tests, analyze user testing feedback;
- Manage projects creation, tracking and update in JIRA;
- Create projects reporting, track and maintain applications inventory;
- Facilitate communications with all project participants in a proactive manner.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 8 years related experience in the financial services industry;
- Prior involvement or experience working on financial services systems projects.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with focus on data and process analysis in the Fund Accounting;
- Experience in using SharePoint, Alteryx, Smart Capture, Qlik or Tableau a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, relationship-building, and interpersonal skills will be essential for effectiveness in this role. Individual should have a high energy level and be a creative thinker in a changing environment;
- Strong attention to details, ability to analyze complex cross functional business processes and define integrated requirements;
- Ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Possesses an excellent working knowledge of MS Excel functionality;
- Be inquisitive and possess a strong desire to learn and be able to learn quickly;
- Able to forge productive working relationships with business users and business managers;
- Ability to multitask and work well in both independent role and as a team contributor in larger projects;
- Proactively seek to learn new transformation technology, fin-tech improvements;
- Ability to maintain confidential information and handle sensitive issues.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.