BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Work closely with vendor and internal teams, including QA, Care, and Dev teams, to triage, identify root cause, and provide resolution on defects and other issues quickly and efficiently
• Document technical capabilities, capacities, limitations, and interfaces of your Application Program
• Work with Tech Leads and developers of various teams on assessment of existing problems and develop process improvement solutions
• Identify bottlenecks in coding development and deployment processes
• Build coding standardizations and automate processes for the organization
• Develops, supports, and manages application code, user interfaces, and third-party integration components for Bottom-Line, AWS applications, and other custom integrations
• Research, evaluate, develop and deploy new applications. A large degree of autonomy is expected
• Actively participate in the engineering community, staying up-to-date on new technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization
• Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of production systems
• Experience designing, building and operating critical production systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science engineering or a similar field or equivalent practical experience
• At least 5 years of experience in infrastructure, software engineering, systems engineering or equivalent field
• Corporate experience is a plus
• Experience in Linux administration, preferably with Red Hat Linux.
• Experience in Linux system performance monitoring and tuning.
• Experience with scripting languages, preferably Python.
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or SaltStack.
• Experience with containers and containers orchestration platforms.
• Experience managing and developing highly-available and distributed software.
• Familiarity with Hadoop, Spark ecosystem.
• Ability to multitask, and cope with dynamic environment where priorities are constantly revised.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)