As a Project Accounting Supervisor, you will be joining our in-house corporate accounting department.
With a great combination of comprehensive accounting knowledge, skillful specialists and commitment to company’s results, Project Accounting Department is the crucial part of Jacobs finance functions. Our role is to build a bridge between clients’ satisfaction and financial aspects of project delivery. Under the umbrella of accounting principles, we help our project managers to complete project milestones and support Operations Teams in achieving global and regional targets.
Our Project Accounting Supervisor:
- Ensures that company policies, procedures and US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), statutory requirements and SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) controls are followed by Project Accountants and that the team performs the task assigned in accordance with company deadlines
- Helps to maintain a comprehensive control system, by reviewing and making recommendation for changes in companies’ policies and procedures, to ensure that the process follows constantly changing business environment
- Supports management in retaining company strategic goals by: submitting and supporting recommendations for improvements; active participation in company’s initiatives, KPI’s implementation and ad hoc reporting
- Reviews month-end reporting on project performance including gross margin variances and all other financial activities, prepares specialized reports and accounting data analysis as required
- Monitors project balances on Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Unbilled and Unearned items, DSO (Days Sales Outstanding)
- Ensures excellent communication links are established and maintained at all levels, and that Project Accountants are interacting and cooperating with project teams to resolve all financial issues and provides continuous and on time accounting support and guidance
- Prepares and reviews various journal entries such as: revenue adjustments, cost accruals, provision for loss
- Liaises with other departments, clients and outside vendors to resolve cross-functional matters
- Is the first point of contact for the PA team and provides guidance to the team on the most recent process requirements
- Actively collaborates with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Supports team members in solving complex problems and assists them in various ad hoc analysis if needed
- Performs regular and ad hoc control over PA performance and all accounting outputs, ensuring all tasks are completed within the deadlines and that all procedures are being followed
- Manages the workload of the team on a day to day basis
- Actively participates in the recruitment, training, retention and motivation of the team, in order to develop commitment and facilitate high performance
- Responsible for conducting interim and year-end appraisals, as well as employees’ development, by setting clear goals and expectations
- Provides regular updates to management about situation within PA teams and assigned projects portfolio
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Master's degree in Finance or Accounting, equivalent major or equivalent experience
- At least five years of professional accounting experience, preferably within an international business environment (Project Accounting background will be an asset)
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, especially Oracle Financials
- Very good MS Excel knowledge (any other technical tool will be an asset)
- Advanced problem-solving skills, accuracy and focus on details considering "the big picture" while adapting information
- Ability to work collaboratively, taking accountability for own and team’s areas of operation, being able to take initiative and proactively look to find solution to the complex problems.
- High level leadership skills and the ability to inspire and lead a diverse team
- Effective time and tasks management skills to balance own priorities and assist team members in completing all deliverables within the deadline
- A high level of resilience and ability to manage ambiguity and challenge
- Excellent communication/basic presentation skills (both written and verbal) to handle all business situations in a diplomatic and sensitive manner and win client’s trust
- Deep commitment to self-development and continuous learning
- International working environment and unique company culture with emphasis on individual career growth and work-life balance
- Friendly atmosphere and professional collaboration founded on diversity and inclusion in the workplace (e.g. employees’ organizations and initiatives like Women’s Networks, Green Team, Toastmasters, sport clubs)
- Full time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
- Benefits package with private medical care, life insurance, Multisport card and other (e.g. car park sharing system, bicycle parking, fruits)
- Personal development opportunities including but not limited to a range of professional trainings and certifications (e.g. ACCA, CIMA), post-graduate studies, English lessons
- Flexible working hours and ability to work remotely based on business requirements
At Jacobs, you will work with the most talented professionals and thought leaders to shape the future of the global professional services sector as we deliver ground-breaking and life-changing solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With more than $12 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 50,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.