Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
Join us as a Operations Lead Specialist – Trade Settlement!
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Lead Operations Specialist to join our Trade Settlement team. In this role you will be experienced within all responsibilities noted below and additionally you will be responsible for assisting the Supervisor with enhancing productivity of the unit, in addition to performing specialized operational securities processing activities to support the firm’s business lines.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure daily output standards for both quality and timeliness are met.
- Coordinate control/production related activities such as viewing work ticket queues and various trade reports.
- Coordinate intraday and end of day prioritization and reconciliation of daily work/proof and control.
- Help to ensure all deadlines and requirements are being met.
- Manage daily production reporting.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to trade inquiries such as: Fail trade research, Trade copies, ADR Pick up or cancels, Market Practice requirements, Market to Market transfers.
- Monitor and assist in the resolution of trade issues and inquiries by Clients, RM’s and Brokers.
- Escalate to the Supervisor any potential exposure items on trades not settling by deadline or trades being held over night.
- Review E&O situations and look for corrective action.
- Interact with other BBH departments on resolution of issue.
- Help to identify and document errors in an effort to reduce exposures.
- Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure.
- Review and verify work of team members.
- Approve/provide sign-off of team member’s work.
- Provide training on BBH settlement systems to new employees as well as training existing employee’s on new task and functions within the group.
- Assist team members with day to day activities/provide back-up support.
- Utilize and operate all tools and technology appropriate to the role.
- Have an understanding of the big picture – how specific function impacts the firm.
- Contribute to Division or Firm process improvement activities.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience;
- 1 to 2 years of Custody or Securities processing or other industry experience;
- Research, analysis and problem resolution skills;
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills;
- Organizational skills and detail oriented;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.