Overview Of BNY Mellon:
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
• Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
• Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
• Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise
• Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
• Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
• Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
• Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
The EMEA Payroll Manager will have overall responsibility for executing payroll and time and attendance in one or more countries within Continental Europe. Role will be important part of cross regional team of Payroll Experts responsible for different EMEA countries.
The Payroll Manager:
• Ensures on-time 100% accurate monthly payroll for employees in countries within their remit across multiple legal entities
• Ensures that all statutory regulations and payments to third parties including regulatory and taxing bodies are in compliance with country law. Advises Country Managers and Senior HR Business Partners on all tax matters related to payroll and benefit provisioning within their remit.
• Ensures that Salary and Wages associated with all payroll and benefit related payments are accurate and properly posted to the correct General Ledger Accounts and ultimately to the P&L and Balance Sheets for multiple legal entities within the country of their remit. Works closely with the Country Financial Controllers.
• Ensures robust operating procedures and controls are in place for all transactions that feed ultimately into payroll to ensure compliance to internal and external audit and regulatory bodies.
• Ensures accurate maintenance of the time and attendance system and reporting.
• Execute and oversee on-time, accurate monthly payroll to all employees within remit by coordinating job of supervisors and/or administrators
• Train and support less experienced colleagues act as a subject matter expert for remit in Poland and other EMEA countries when needed
• Ensure timely, authorized input from a multitude of sources in a tight window to prepare and submit base salary, one time incentive, variable pay elements and life-change/benefit related actions to payroll vendor(s) in accordance with pay calendars. Review Net Salary calculations as part of pre-payroll validations.
• Ensure employee pay statements are accurate and distributed timely. Receive research and respond to all employee related enquiries. Liaise with the HR and Finance teams.
• Meet all regulatory, tax, compliance, internal and external filings, third party payments and reporting requirements on a monthly and annual basis for all payroll and employee benefits for all legal entities and country within remit.
• Ensure timely accurate reporting of all financials tied to payroll processing, providing appropriate data to Finance to enable their reconciliations.
• Assist with Managing relationship with local payroll vendor(s) and country specific regulatory and accounting bodies to ensure compliance with all country and work force related laws within remit. Assist with Preparing vendor performance metrics. Escalate issues to Senior HR functional Management.
• Ensure robust operating procedures and document management practices are prepared, maintained and followed for all functions to comply with corporate policies, tax authorities, bank authorities and other statutory agencies within remit
• Support overall HR International Operations by ensuring cross training for primary, secondary and tertiary cover is in place for countries within remit and reflected on a regular basis in the training matrix. Provide back up support where necessary
• Must be willing to travel. Support Regional projects as directed by Head of International HR Operations. Support local HR Country Managers on ad hoc requests as approved by Head of International HR Operations. Prepare Monthly HR Management Dashboard on operational metrics and performance for Head of Global HR Operations and HR Chief Operating Officer.
• Leading Client Relationship meetings with country stakeholders in remit to review performance and track actionable items.
• Good organisational/prioritisation skills, working effectively to numerous deadlines
• Experience of Poland payroll and benefits tax legislation and regulatory requirements
• Ability to train and cover other EMEA country payroll as required
• Ability to proactively manage risk and implement/maintain effective controls in an ever-changing environment
• Experience of managing and building effective working relationships with third party outsourced service providers/vendors
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to develop and train more junior staff on payroll skills and requirements if and when required
• Highly proficient in Excel and data analysis tools
• Ability to work independently with limited day to day supervision
• Keen to constantly challenge and process improve
• Experience of working in a large organisation but not necessarily in the Financial Services Sector
• Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent