Cloud Migration Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
You’ll be working on one of UBS’s most ambitious and critical technology projects: to migrate a large proportion of over 1000 applications to public cloud infrastructure and managed services.
You’ll collaborate with global IT teams across the Investment Bank to help them on their cloud migration journey, and engineer common, re-usable solutions that can be used to accelerate cloud adoption across the organisation. We’re looking for someone who’ll be able to:
· Work collaboratively across the organisation
· Solve challenging problems in an elegant but pragmatic way
· Write high quality, reusable code and adhere to coding standards
· Write professional, clear and comprehensive documentation
· Apply best development and DevOps practices and effectively utilize technologies
You’ll be working in the Investment Bank IT area and will be a key part of a 7 person team driving adoption of cloud. Four other members will be from within the IB sectors alongside one person from CTO Cloud Engineering team. The teams will be based in Krakow predominantly with some members in Wroclaw, London and Pune. Our role is to accelerate IB Technology teams’ adoption of cloud, delivering the ‘firsts’ (build deploy pipeline, containers, database, logging, monitoring, security), delivering an end to end slice into production and drive strategic architecture on public cloud services. The team is also responsible for co-delivering/consulting and upskilling other application team members to implement the foundations for success.
· focused on quality
· aware of on-going technology trends and know how to pragmatically leverage their benefits
· a quick learner
· comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· fluent in English
· Microsoft Azure or other major cloud platforms
· CI/CD including tools such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, TeamCity etc.
· Containers and container orchestration using Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
· Infrastructure-as-code, using tools such as Terraform, ARM or CloudFormation
· Scripting languages including Windows PowerShell, Bash etc.
· Github or similar
· Agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
· DevOps practices and the value of automation
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."