Business Risk Officer
Global Wealth Management
Job Reference #
This will be part of a new control performance team supporting teams across UK WM Business Risk Organization. As a Business Risk Officer you will be responsible for supporting the Business Risk Organization in their effective evaluation and management of operational risk incurred through the daily activity of the GWM UK business.
We're looking for a Business Risk Officer, who will be responsible for:
• execution and issuing of primarily Front Office related risk controls - these controls are part of the GWM UK Control Framework and may be sent weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually. The team produce the data and send exceptions/deficiencies to Desk Heads who then undertake the associated remediation
• risk reporting - on a quarterly basis you will be responsible for producing comprehensive risk reports. These reports contain 3 key pieces of information: team stats, risk metrics and comprehensive action plans. In addition to producing these reports, you will be responsible for ensuring the risks identified are addressed and mitigated in a timely manner
• identifying risk hotspots and trends. Using the data from the controls and risk reports, you will be responsible for identifying red flags and trends
• guidance and training - a great deal of time will be spent providing guidance to the Front Office. Where individuals or teams are failing in their controls, you will be pro-active in ensuring this is addressed by offering additional guidance and training - this may involve assisting with risk training for new joiners in your teams and, where new processes or regulations are introduced, to a wider audience
You’ll be working in the Business Risk Organisation (BRO) team. We are responsible for the execution of large elements of the control framework, particularly focusing on Suitability, Product Governance, Employee Competence/Supervision, Fraud and Transaction Capture/Execution. The role is based in Wroclaw.
We also act as an advisor and partner to the business around a wide manner of risk issues as they arise from change projects, new business, emerging issues or regulatory change
You will play a crucial role in exercising active risk management, interfacing with local management, team heads, desk heads, product and operation team heads, as well as local and global risk control functions.
• university degree
• experience in financial services background like a risk, compliance, audit or training background
• very good Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookup, formulas)
• relevant experience in comparable roles in Private Banking, preferably with understanding of Wealth Management processes
• self-starter who is able to work both independently and within a team
• analytical approach coupled with an eye for attention to detail and accuracy
• excellent English communications skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."