BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions is a public- and private-cloud-based software and content offering that builds client-centric data, technology, and content capabilities. Operating with the skill and agility of a fintech, Data and Analytics Solutions combines the expertise and resources of the Eagle product suite, Intermediary Analytics, and other BNY Mellon technology and data assets. Moreover, the division further extends BNY Mellon’s Asset Servicing capabilities in securities and cash into the world’s most important asset class, data. Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms to analyze their data from different vantage points and transform it into actions that can achieve higher alpha and cheaper beta, with lower costs and less risk. Offering an ecosystem of proprietary and third-party business applications, Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms manage their core investment processes and beyond.
Developers work on product teams using agile processes to quickly produce and release customer value. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, delivering and supporting product services. You will deeply understand the customer problems, the technology and will have direct impact to our business.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• Design and develop scalable, back-end, data services using SaaS based technology
• Create standard Restful APIs to expose all functionality
• Leverage existing open source technology where appropriate
• Solve tough design and architectural problems
• Be flexible in our fast-paced environment
• Work well on product teams with Quality Engineers and Product Owners
• Be creative and willing to take risks
• Strong developer enjoys writing code and tests
• Strong Java programming language experience
• Experience with web technologies and architecture: micro-services, distributed cloud services, distributed data, caching, Restful APIs, etc.
• Experience with public cloud scalable technologies
• Experience with CI tools and technologies such as Jenkins, Harness, Docker
• Hands-on experience working in agile software delivery teams
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment (think startup)
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or any equivalent.
• 4+ years experience in software engineering
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)