Team Leader in Fund Valuation Team
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas specialising in the administration and protection of financial securities for institutional investors, financial intermediaries and major companies worldwide. We have local expertise in 36 markets and a global reach covering more than 90 markets.
As leading global custodians, we serve a range of clients such as fund managers (including alternative funds), insurance companies, sovereign-wealth funds, pension funds, brokers and investment banks, commercial banks, major companies and issuers.
The Warsaw office was established in 2008 and comprises two business lines:
International Operations Centre (IOC) providing asset and fund services for a number of locations across Europe.
Custody & clearing services offering broker-dealers, global custodians and investment banks a full clearing, settlement and custody solution in Poland and other markets.
- Managing a team of 10-12 members of the Fund Accounting Team
- Providing technical and specialist support to the Fund Accounting Team
- Day to day oversight, management and final review of end-to-end NAV calculations
- Development and improvement of NAV calculation workflows and procedures.
- Working with Senior Management and Risk to manage controls efficiently to alleviate any potential risk areas
- Organizing and performing training of staff and client specific requirements as well as cross training to develop depth and breadth of knowledge
- Managing and overseeing the team on a daily basis, controlling and allocating day to day work for the team
- Overseeing all internal or external audits and ensuring a clean report is received
- Responding to queries and requests in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Establishing solid contacts with all areas and all levels at clients’ organizations as well as interdepartmental
- Conducting annual performance appraisals and providing regular feedback based on goals for direct reports
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience (at least 2 years in team management capacity) in Fund Accounting Valuations or similar
- Fluency in English
- Proven ability in people management, including ability to delegate and to gain commitment among team members
- Experience in planning, initiating and following through to meet objectives
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement improvements to existing processes
- Good IT skills, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good understanding on end-to-end Fund Accounting process
- Ability to support other staff and to participate in the process to ensure work is completed accurately and on time
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to adapt to change and handle & solve complex problems
- Ability to engage with colleagues from different sites and locally
- Excellent communication skills and a client servicing mind-set
We build our culture based on team spirit, open-mindedness and willingness to learn. If these values are close to your heart, scroll down to see what we offer.
What we offer:
- Stable employment, with full-time job contract
- Six Career Paths to choose from
- Complex onboarding and induction programme
- Trainings, co-financed language courses, professional certifications and post-graduate studies
- Possibility to work from home part-time
- Private medical package
- Life insurance
- Employee Pension Plan
- Sports Card
- Lunch Card
- Cafeteria Platform
- Modern, eco-friendly office located near Metro Daszyńskiego station
- Opportunity to integrate and enhance our good work atmosphere (sports teams, chess club, Toasmasters, MixCity, Pride Poland, CSR)
The position that you are applying for, is an office based-role. During the COVID-19 pandemic ad until further notice, the role will be mostly remote based (from your home, if it is located within maximum 2 hours from Warsaw, Poland) and you will receive equipment necessary to carry out your role.
Once the health crisis ends, we will return to the office, with possibility of working from home for some part of the week.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please attach the below clause to your application:I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) introduced into the Polish law with Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Dz. U. 2018 poz.1000 as amended). I acknowledge that I have the right at any time to view, to amend or correct and to request to erase my personal data.
Get to know more about us on:
See you soon :)
BNP Paribas Securities Services S.K.A. Oddział w Polsce
ul. Wronia 31, 00-846 Warszawa