Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
You will be a vital member of the finance team within the Global Business Services (GBS) organization, in largest center located in Krakow. You will provide key support to the business, ensuring the accurate tracking and processing of all transactions. To strengthen our General Accounting team, we are looking for a self-driven Senior Specialist with a process improvement approach. Seize this unique opportunity to take an active part in shaping our new GBS center and grow together with the rapidly developing organization.
- You perform General Accounting activities, complete specific month and close tasks, clear errors, execute accounting analyses and reports as assigned
- You ensure the production of reports (e.g. Balance Sheet, P&L, Cash Flow, statement of accounts, reconciliations, statements of sourcing and application of funds)
- You apply accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions to solve unusual issues
- You participate in internal control testing and prepare relevant documentation
- You assist in developing and implementing processes and procedures and participate in global process improvements
- You support the management with financial aspects of project funding and risk assessment, resolve problems and difficult issues by implement new solutions
- You support the development of more junior colleagues by acting as SME for the assigned area and foster knowledge sharing
- Minimum 5 years of experience in General Accounting (General Ledger/Financial Reporting)
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of GL, financial accounting, reporting, controlling, internal control or investment
- Practical knowledge of ERP system (Oracle, SAP) and exposure to Accounting tools (SmartView, Hyperion) a strong plus
- Strong user knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel (functions, pivot table)
- Proficient in business English
- Ability to build and share knowledge in the team and across teams
- Problem solving attitude, and very good organization and coordination skills
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
- Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
ABB Data Privacy Statement: