BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Central Expense Unit (CEU) deliver professional client service to Investment Managers and Clients on a day-to-day operational basis by managing lifecycle of Funds’ expenses. This includes validating daily P&L movements, preparing annual budgets, delivering various set of reports as well as paying funds’ expenses. Daily routine also involves close cooperation with our clients ensuring their needs/requests are addressed in a timely manner.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Lead Representative, Fund/Client Accounting to join our team in Wroclaw.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• Ensure the budgets for all funds in scope are prepared correctly in accordance with BNY Mellon standard or client specific procedures and timetables.
• Review & Process external payments using payment application in accordance with BNY Mellon standard and/or client specific procedures and timetables (including checklists)
• Take active role in projects falling within CEU scope (fund launches, fund closures, onboardings)
• Review system generated accruals, rebates, waivers
• Review cash reconciliation of cash accounts used for payments
• Prepare periodical as well as ad hoc expense related reporting
• Liaise with Clients and/or Client Relationship Managers around budget adjustments
• Supervise fund administrators and schedule their work to provide accurate and timely processing of CEU related activities and make sure that standard controls are sufficient, understood by staff and rigorously adhered to.
• Communicate new procedures on a fund to all relevant staff and any significant operational issues that arise to Manager.
• Act as the key representative for all client contacts on operational and servicing issues. Maintain a friendly but professional relationship with them. Make sure that their concerns, requests as well as client specific monthly and ad-hoc reports are addressed within agreed timelines.
• Set aggressive but realistic timetables for addressing client requests and where they are not met, ascertaining the client is contacted well in advance and a new timetable agreed.
• Specialist-level work experience in the financial industry
• Sound knowledge about financial instruments, financial markets, fund & securities industry
• Senior specialist level experience: i.e. experience in checking other people's work and being able to give feedback
• Experience in budgeting/invoice processing/fund accounting or wider fund industry and/or securities industry would be a strong asset
• Understating of accounting concepts
• Communication skills allowing for business communication with our clients
• Proficiency in MS office – particularly in In excel (vlookups, pivot tables etc.)
• Advanced VBA knowledge will be an asset
• Detail and risk oriented attitude
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)